Planning to enroll your child in the Tenino School District? Here are a few things you should know:

  • Children must be five years old on or before August 31 to enter kindergarten.

  • You will need a copy of your child's birth certificate or other document to identify your child's age.

  • You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc.

  • Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.


As of April 19, 2016, the Tenino School District can process new student enrollment online via the Skyward Family Access system. Please read more for instructions on how to create an account. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, you must first select the "Get Temporary Skyward Account" link below and follow the directions to sign up for a temporary account. If you already have a Skyward Family Access account, please select "New Student Enrollment" and follow the directions to enroll your child as a student in our district.

Step 1: Determine which school your child must enroll in. Our schools are divided in the following grade levels:

Parkside Elementary – PreK to 2nd Grade
Tenino Elementary – 3rd through 5th Grade
Tenino Middle School – 6th through 8th Grade
Tenino High School – 9th through 12th Grade

Step 2: Click the "Get Temporary Skyward Account" link and follow the instructions (parents who already have a skyward family access account can skip to step 3).

Get temporary Skyward Account

Step 3: Click the "New Student Enrollment" link and follow the instructions to enroll your child.

New Student Enrollment

Notice: During the enrollment process you will have the opportunity to scan and attach the required documentation to the application. If you do not have access to a scanner, you may also bring copies of these documents to your child's school. The following documentation is required to enroll a student:

  • Legal document verifying age (see office for examples of acceptable documents)

  • Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (grades 9-12 only)

  • Proof of Address (a utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)