Registration & Enrollment

Planning to enroll your child in the Tenino School District? Here are a few things you should know:

  • Children must be five years old on or before August 31st to enter kindergarten.

  • You will need a copy of your child's birth certificate or other approved document to identify your child's age.

  • You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc.

  • Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.

Helpful Information

New Student Online Enrollment

For new student online enrollment, our district uses Skyward Family Access system.

For instructions on how to create an account, you may click here. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select the "Get Temporary Skyward Account" link below. If you already have a Skyward Family Access account, please select "New Student Enrollment" and follow the directions to enroll your child. For assistance, please email: Registration Questions

Step 1: Determine which Tenino school that your child(ren) will attend.

Parkside Elementary: Prekindergarten & Grades K-2
Tenino Elementary: Grades 3-5
Tenino Middle School: Grades 6-8
Tenino High School: Grades 9-12

Step 2: Click the "Get Temporary Skyward Account" link and follow the instructions (parents who already have students in the Tenino School District can skip to step 3).

Get temporary Skyward Account

Step 3: Click the "Skyward Family Access" link below and follow the instructions to enroll your child.

New Student Enrollment

Please Note: During the enrollment process you will have the opportunity to scan and attach the required documentation to the application. If you do not have access to a scanner, you may also bring copies of these documents to your child's school. The following documentation is required to enroll a student:

  • Legal document verifying age (Birth Certificate, Valid Passport or Identification Card)

  • Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (grades 9-12 only)

  • Proof of Residence (utility bill, lease agreement, etc.)

Student Transfers

A student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district. This is called a nonresident student transfer. You may also hear it referred to as an out-of-district transfer, inter-district transfer, choice transfer, variance, waiver, or school choice.

Duration of the Non-Resident Transfer

The District shall approve a requested transfer of a nonresident student to attend a school in the District for a period not to exceed one (1) year. The intent is for the student to continue at the school, but a request for renewal needs to take place each year.

Online Choice Transfer Request Portal
Non-Resident Application
OSPI Student Transfers FAQ's
Tenino School District Boundary Map

Home-Based Instruction

Washington state law recognizes the desire of some parents and families to seek a home-based instruction for their children. OSPI offers technical assistance to school districts that are working with parents seeking to exercise this educational right.

Declaration of Intent to Homeschool
[Fillable] Declaration of Intent to Homeschool
Request for Part Time Attendance and/or Ancillary Services
Helpful Checklist of Homeschool To-Do's

Please click on the link below for additional information about Home-Based Instruction, including legal requirements and resources.



Building Contact Information:

Building secretaries are available by phone or email. If you need in-person assistance, we ask that you please call/email to schedule an appointment.

Parkside Elementary School
(360)264-3800 or Email

Tenino Elementary School
(360)264-3700 or Email

Tenino Middle School
(360)264-3600 or Email

Tenino High School
(360)264-3500 or Email